Project Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Sealed Air Corporation creates a world that feels, tastes and works better. In 2015, the Company generated revenue of approximately $7.0 billion by helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions, Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning and Diversey® cleaning and hygiene solutions, enables a safer and less wasteful food supply chain, protects valuable goods shipped around the world, and improves health through clean environments. Sealed Air has approximately 23,000 employees who serve customers in 169 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
• Develops resource plans, work effort estimates, and all aspects of project plans.
• Develops project cost estimate and manages budget during project lifecycle.
• Project scope small to intermediate size requiring more than 20 man days (including management of internal and external resources).
• Provides personal, timely and constructive feedback on team member performance.
• Works under some supervision – receives a moderate level of supervision and direction where decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plans.
• Work is cross-functional, and tactical in nature.
• Responsible for managing projects while providing leadership and mentoring other team members within the organization and department.
• Performs lead project manager functions for small to intermediate scope, budget and impact projects that cross functions and divisions.
• Actively leads Proposal Initiation to qualify project cost, schedule, and risk prior to formal project approval.
• Oversees a variety of project activities to include the documentation of project scope, tasks and dependencies identified, the creation and update of project schedules, the creation and follow-up on communication plans, the establishment of risk identification and mitigation plans, the creation and tracking of budgetary documentation and post project historical documentation.
• Acts as a liaison between technical resources, division, and other functions to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed.
• 2 to 5 years Professional experience with 2-3 years of documented project management experience.
• Project Management training covering the PMI Project Management Knowledge Areas.
• College / University degree preferred.
• Experience in business process reengineering, quality management (e.g., Six Sigma, CMM, etc.) or other quality focused program desired.
• Experience working with outside vendors.
• Experience managing cross-functional and multi-business global initiatives in a variety of complex competencies desired.
• Minimum one year experience with Microsoft Project preferred.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Experience preparing resource plans & work effort estimates.
• Ability to work with management to secure project resources.
• Good documentation skills.
• Good planning skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team and mentor other team members.
• Experience with Finance, Human Resources, or Telephony applications preferred.
• Presentation Skills.
• Customer Focus.
• Drive for Results.
• Process Management.
• Decision Making.
• Planning & Estimating.
• Monitoring & Controlling.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.