Solution Architect (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Contributes to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor junior band 5 Architect 1’s. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.
Yes, 5 % of the time.
• Provide strategic, technical and operational leadership in support of business and technology transformational activities.
• Candidate will play an instrumental role in defining near and long term strategies for simplification, consolidation and rationalization of both business applications and supporting infrastructure.
• The role will work with technology and business executives and technology SMEs from multiple groups to define and document strategic directions and technologies.
• Candidate must bring a broad technical background with demonstrated experience in planning, designing and building resilient, scalable and high performance enterprise level solutions on multiple platforms.
• Distributed platform experience supporting both with Java and .Net is essential and experience in design and management of IBM Mainframe applications is a strong plus.
• Ideal candidates will have deep understand of Bank of America Global Technology systems and processes and be able to fluently navigate these to drive change.
• Experience as a Solution Architect, Domain Architect, Application Architect, strategic planner or equivalent is required.
• In addition to a solid technical foundation, the role requires excellent communication and facilitation skills and a proven ability to influence and organize diverse and matrix teams of people.
• Experience with cloud and container technologies is a plus.
• Portfolio, Architecture, SDM.