Talent Acquisition Manager
Red Classic, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Coca Cola Consolidated and voted as “Top Place to Work” by the Charlotte Observer in 2015. Red Classic provides multiple transportation related services such as truckload, dedicated carrier contracts, transportation management services, freight brokerage, logistics, and maintenance services.
This position will be responsible for developing, managing and executing the recruitment and retention strategy for all Red Classic positions. The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and administration to identify, attract and onboard top talent to efficiently and effectively meet dynamic business needs. The goal of this role is to add value beyond transactional tasks by pursuing opportunities to refine and improve process, identifying potential trends/issues, and build strategic sourcing program to the local markets. This individual will report to the Sr. Director Human Resources and have direct reports that will work closely to ensure delivery against current talent demand, and emerging talent needs.
• Develop and manage recruiting strategy / structure / processes that align and support the talent needs of Red Classic.
• Direct, design and measure results of advertising and promotional campaigns to recruit appropriate level of talent for the organization.
• Partner with marketing to develop Employment Branding activities and tools that articulate and define the company’s image, organizational culture, key differentiators, reputation and products and services.
• Manages processes and procedures that ensure Company compliance related to Equal Employment Opportunity, Department of Transportation and any related regulatory efforts.
• Select, train, develop, supervise, direct, and coach the recruiting staff to ensure performance targets are met.
• Direct, design and measure results of advertising and promotional campaigns to recruit first time drivers, experienced drivers and owner operators while working within assigned budget.
• Manage a standard on-boarding process that ensures a positive and effective introduction to the company.
• Must be able to plan and organize his/her own personal time and work duties to insure consistency of work flow and completion of assignments.
• Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships with outside schools, trade associations, etc. that have the capability to provide the targeted talent to Red Classic.
• Develop and maintain apprenticeship, co-op and college intern programs, as needed to allow internal development of talent required for the future.
• In partnership with operations, define and execute sourcing strategy to ensure sufficient supply of owner operator contract partners.
• Collaborate with CCBCC Talent Acquisition team with respect to corporate policies, procedures, systems and reporting.
• Transportation and DOT industry knowledge.
• Ability to handle sensitive, moderately complex, and confidential information.
• Customer focused approach to build positive relationships and respond to organizational needs.
• Willingness to learn and achieve proficiency with new technology tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; provides feedback to improve performance.
• Confident and mature disposition.
• Experience leading and managing recruiting teams – minimum of 5 years.
• Minimum of 7 years of full life cycle recruiting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related area.