Mortgage Loan Advisor
The DTC (Direct to Consumer) Mortgage Originations Loan Advisor proactively solicits new and existing residential mortgage business from Ally’s current deposit and auto account holders, loan portfolio and leads provided by Ally’s Marketing partners. Mortgage Loan Advisors help effectively match Ally’s mortgage product(s) to each customer’s unique loan objectives / financial goals. Emphasis is placed on producing high quality, compliant loans and providing superior customer care according to Ally’s brand promise. Responsibilities also include managing lead and loan application pipeline, prioritizing work, ensuring application quality, performance and loan quality standards are maintained and production goals achieved.
Stays current with and adheres to:
• Ally’s loan origination policies, procedures, processes, job aids and scripts
Ally Bank and Enterprise polices (e.g., S.A.F.E. Act, Privacy, Information Security, Code of Conduct and Ethics).
• State, federal and regulatory loan origination and licensing laws, rules and regulations.
• Paying special attention to current and future CFPB requirements.
• Stays current with Mortgage Line of Business strategy, marketing campaigns, volume forecasts, and timing to ensure high performance.
• Has strong understanding of Ally’s product offering, rates/prices, product guides and underwriting parameters.
• Contributes to product design and development through voice of customer.
• Serves as a SPOC (single point of contact) that offers concierge service to Ally’s customers, delivering superior customer service and a consistent Ally branded experience, for customers in the lead and application process.
• Supports internal and external processes and partners to ensure high-quality loans and superior customer care: Internal – e.g., develops a strong understanding of Ally’s Call Center operations and technology with respect to customer connectivity to Ally’s MLO team. External / Supplier – e.g., partners with fulfillment providing counter offers and declines to customers based on underwriting decisioning; develops a strong understanding / stays current with relevant fulfillment supplier’s policies, procedures, processes and systems throughout processing, underwriting and closing (e.g., cycle times, triggers and next steps, customer connectivity between Ally/Supplier and Customer/Supplier, customer satisfaction surveys and complaint feedback) for continuous improvement of overall customer experience.
• Manages lead and loan application pipeline, while prioritizing work accordingly.
• Matches customer’s needs / financial goals with appropriate loan program and level of risk, based on customer’s loan objectives.
• For existing HFI (Held For Investment) loans, evaluates if customer is a good fit for a Refinance or non-TDR Modification.
• Takes customer mortgage loan applications based on New TRID rules by phone and prepares effective loan proposals.
• Analyzes customer’s financial and credit data.
• Discusses and quotes Ally’s loan product and pricing options.
• Ensures all compliance requirements are met throughout the loan originations process.
• Provides effective customer communication, care and follow-up activity.
• Participates in/assists with scheduled meetings, training sessions and courses, UAT activity and testing as requested.
• Maintains pre-established loan quality, customer service, performance and productivity goals.
• Meets established personal monthly and annual goals that are based on but not limited to loan quality, customer service, productivity and production results.
• Stays informed of developing trends in the mortgage industry.
• Must have current NMLS license.
• 3+ years Industry experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Strong analytical, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload, manage own pipeline, and balance multiple duties.
• Ability to respond quickly to a changing environment.
• Extensive experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.