THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Responsible for organizing and maintaining financial accounting systems, including accounts payable, general ledger, accounts receivable, employee payroll, cash disbursements, financial statements, and tax information.
• Accounts Receivable – process invoices in accounts receivable, send invoices to clients, process monthly statements and follow-up as needed.
• Accounts Payable – process purchase orders and match against supplier invoices, obtain approval as needed and enter into Bill.com.
• General Accounting – prepare journal entries, complete balance sheet account reconciliations monthly, ensure timely and accurate month and year-end closes.
• Financial Reporting – prepare P&L and Balance Sheet for company, P&L for local managers and P&L by customer with focus on understanding results and helping management to improve performance.
• Tax Reporting – prepare state payroll tax and unemployment filings as needed, provide information to outside tax accountants.
• Controls – recognize internal control issues and recommend changes in procedures, provide information to external accounting firm for reviews or audits.
• Forecast, Budgeting and Planning – assist in preparation of monthly P&L and cash flow forecast, annual budget and long-term plan.
• Other – look for ways to streamline processes.
• 1 – 3 years of accounting experience.
• Intacct and Bill.com experience a plus.
Mental / physical requirements:
• Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office with high level skills in Excel using Pivot Tables, VLook-ups, and other Excel functions.
• Knowledge of financial systems programs and applications.
• Skill in analyzing financial data and preparing appropriate related reports.
• Skill in relating organizational objectives to financial policies on costs, fees, credit, etc.
• Skill in exercising initiative, judgement, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
• Ability to be a team player willing to be flexible and assist others.
• Ability to work creatively with management and department staff to achieve objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
• Ability to understand the business and use financial statements to educate others in the company.
• Work Environment: Work is in a well-lighted office environment.
• Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
MBX offers competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and disability insurance to all full-time employees.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected].