Director of Accounting and Finance (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
$100-$120k depending on experience.
Overall accounting and financial operations of the company to include development of financial and operational strategy, the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
• Accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
• Accounts receivable invoiced and collected promptly.
• Ensure that bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations are completed.
• Debt payments are made on a timely basis.
• Maintain the chart of accounts.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Ensure system of controls over accounting transactions.
• Issue timely and complete GAAP financial statements to management and Board of Directors.
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management and Board of Directors.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Provide financial analyses for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit or review.
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
• Arrange for debt and equity financing.
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
• Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
• Develop financial and tax strategies.
• Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
• Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced.
• Implement operational best practices.
• Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience.
• 5-10 years of progressive responsibility.
• MBA preferred.
• N.C. Certified Public Accountant required.
• All accounting staff
• High proficiency in all Microsoft products.
• Integrated accounting systems preferred.
MBX offers competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and disability insurance to all full-time employees.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to [email protected].