Donor Services Coordinator
Supports efforts of the organization toward the achievement of the United Way of Central Carolinas’ vision, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives. This position is responsible for processing all accounts receivable payments, providing staff training/assistance and serves as the official backup for Donor Choice Analyst and Director of Donor Services.
• Preparation of daily receipts, bank deposits, and verification and closing payment envelopes in ANDAR; perform account balance write/offs and other adjustments in ANDAR; provide monthly accounts receivable reports and analysis.
• Maintains written procedures for all aspects of accounts receivable.
• Supports General Accounting in reconciliation issues.
• Maintains organization’s record retention policy as it relates to accounts receivable.
• Uploads all e-campaigns and electronic payment files.
• Provides year- end tax receipts as outlined by IRS; records stock payments, sends stock instructions/letters, produces IRS stock receipt letters, monthly bank reconciliation and checking stock line daily.
• Monthly analysis on out-of-area Stock Campaign.
• Confirms deposits sent remotely are received.
• Resolves Remote Deposit and Lockbox issues.
• Participates in external audit process.
• Provides A/R training and serves as backup for processing donor credit card changes and resolving credit card issues.
• Ensures accuracy of A/R cash log.
• Produces gift-in-kind letters.
• Manages In-Honor and In-Memory of gift letters.
• Completes and submits employee match applications for payment.
• Backs up Donor Choice Analyst and serves as backup for designation analysis after close of campaign.
• 5+ years of progressive accounts receivable and project management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Work independently and manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
• Strong math aptitude, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with diverse groups.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent Word, Excel, and database skills.