IT Project Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 16 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico through its stores and online at Lowes.com, Lowes.ca and Lowes.com.mx. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe’s has more than 1,855 home improvement and hardware stores and 270,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Are you a Pioneering Spirit? Lowe’s is looking for Visionaries, Risktakers, Adventurers.
Lowe’s is looking for someone that is driven by potential—A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multibillion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We’re looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you’re an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we’re looking for.
The Solutions Project Manager is primarily responsible for developing, analyzing, and executing a project plan, scope, and schedule in order to deliver one or more small- to medium-scale projects with full responsibility and accountability for the outcomes. An individual in this position drives the completion of the work of assigned project teams and controls project risks.
The Solutions Project Manager is also responsible for building and maintaining trusting relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management in order to ensure the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders. This individual executes projects with full adherence to enterprise project management practices.
This position is responsible for delivering software solutions and is accountable for the scope, cost, schedule, and quality of software being delivered. The unique skills required for effective performance in this job include project planning, stakeholder management, risk management, and an understanding of a variety of software delivery methods.
Required minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field and 6+ years of IT or related business experience, including 4+ years of experience providing project or team leadership. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 3+ years of experience managing project(s) using project life cycle methodologies (e.g., SDLC, process management, organizational change).
• 1+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports.
• 2+ years of experience in software or system testing.
• 1+ years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project/program management certification.
• 2+ years of corporate retail experience.
• 1+ years of experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
• 3+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
• 3+ years of experience working with an IT Service Management (ITSM) framework.
• 4+ years of experience in business analysis.
• 5+ years of experience working with IT architecture.
• 2+ years of Unified Modeling Language (UML) experience.
• 3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.