Tonight kicks off the sixth annual God Save The Queen City festival, put on by Ink Floyd every year. Local, regional and national acts will be hitting the Snug Harbor stage every Wednesday night for all of August as part of the festival.
In other local music news, Kim Brattain, Rick Fitts, Chuck Bludsworth and Jay Ahuja have started a Kickstarter project trying to raise enough money to create a documentary, Live From The Double Door Inn, about the history of the 43-year-old Charlotte venue set to close its doors for good January 2, 2017.
Times listed are when the show is scheduled to start, not when the doors are opened. Unless listed otherwise noted, prices are before taxes and fees.
- 8/3: God Save The Queen City: Left & Right, Daddy Issues, Rapper Shane, Elevator Jay; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $2 (tickets). The first of five GSTQC shows at Snug Harbor features locals Rapper Shane and Elevator Jay, Left & Right from Charlottesville, and a female-fronted grunge pop trio from Nashville.
- 8/4: The Peach Kings, Mobley; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $8-$10 (tickets). LA indie rock duo The Peach Kings are known for their sexy songs and their raw and rowdy live performances.
- God Save The Queen City: Left & Right, Daddy Issues, Rapper Shane, Elevator Jay; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $2
- The Speakeasy, Petra’s, 8 p.m., $3
- Ruston Kelly, U.S. National Whitewater Center, 7 p.m., free
- The Peach Kings, Mobley; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $8-$10
- Ghost Trees, JoRah, Evel Arc, Bob Fleming; Petra’s, 9 p.m., $6
- Knowne Ghost, Gardens, The Moose, Little Fury Things; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- The F-Use, Nerve Endings, DuMpSter Service, Van Huskins; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- Butterfly Corpse, The Fetish, Full View, Mega Head, Burn Toast; Amos’ Southend, 7:30 p.m., $12-$15
- Radio Lola, Cicada Rhythm, Charlie King; Petra’s, 9 p.m., $7
- Jay Brannan, Lauren Jenkins; Visulite Theatre, 8:45 p.m., $12-$15
- Heyrocco, Millenial, The Kickback, The Foxies; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $7
- The Goodnight Brothers Band, Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- Oh Pep!, Dust & Ashes; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $12
- AIRPARK, Evening Muse, 10:30 p.m., $7
- Parsonsfield, U.S. National Whitewater Center, 7 p.m., free
- Lewis Brice, Out Of The Blue; Coyote Joe’s, 9 p.m., $8
- Anchor Detail, Goodfires, Throwline, Hey Zeus Chrysler, Glimpses; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- Fields Music Fest: Falling Through April, The Big FanDamily Band, Atrium, Chris Sanchez; Visulite Theatre, 6 p.m., $12-$15
- Stuck Mojo, AuxiliA, Skinn Jackett; Amos’ Southend, 8 p.m., $15-$18
- Reeve Coobs, The Band of Men, Charlie King; Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $10
- Connor, Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $10-$12
- Scowl Brow, The Seduction, Drunk Couples; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $5
- Death Card, Violent Life Violent Death, End the Empire, Persistent Shadow; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7