Sr. Front End Web Developer
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe’s has more than 2,355 home improvement and hardware stores and 285,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Are you a Pioneering Spirit? Lowe’s is looking for Visionaries, Risktakers, Adventurers.
Lowe’s is looking for someone that is driven by potential—A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multibillion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We’re looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you’re an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we’re looking for.
The Sr. Front End Web Developer is primarily responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions.
The Sr. Front End Web Developer is also responsible for developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This individual facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
The Sr. Front End Web Developer supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) and participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases.
In addition, this position is responsible for expert knowledge of eCommerce trends and secure coding practices in this space.
Some of the unique challenges this position will face include building and designing applications in a high volume environment operating 24×7, 365 days a year.
Required minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 7+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 4+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC).
• 5+ years of experience in database technologies.
• 5 years experience developing and/or implementing ecommerce applications.
• 5 years experience using design tools to create UML use case, class diagrams, sequence and architecture diagrams (e.g. MS Visio, Rational Rose, Star UML, Magic Draw UML).
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
• 3+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports.
• 4+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• 3+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
• 5+ years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization.
• 5+ years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions.
• 5+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or software solution providers.
• 5+ years of experience working with application and integration middleware.
• 5+ years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy).
• 5+ years of experience working with source code control systems.
• 5+ years of IT experience in the retail industry.
• 5+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment.
• 5 years experience using application and testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium, SauceLabs).
• 5 years experience applying Agile development practices.
• 5 years experience with engineering tools such as bug tracking and source code control systems.
• 5 years experience working with distributed, component-based architectures.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.