The HR Project Portfolio team is part of the HR Shared Services Organization within Global Human Resources. The primary focus of our team is the prioritization, planning and execution of people, process and technology change across Global Human Resources. We serve HR Senior Leaders through Generalist /Specialist stakeholders engaged in initiative planning process, GHR Project Sponsors, and active and inactive Employees, LOB Managers, and HR Managers who use GHR core processes and applications. Key priorities for our team are to manage project scope, timeline, costs, resources, risks, issues, quality, interdependencies, deployment events and benefits realization.
• Support HR leadership and project team members with the development of robust business cases and charters to ensure that the project’s scope, benefits, impacts, costs and timelines are clearly defined.
• Participate in the assessment of a project’s business case to ensure alignment with functional, HR and company strategic goals.
• Communicate and promote the value and purpose of projects across the business to obtain buy in and support.
• Coordinate and participate in strategic development, business planning/implementation, and the creation of presentations and documentation to support project execution for HR leadership.
• Monitor and research best practices across the industry as input to process improvement recommendations and HR strategic decisions.
• Consult with the project sponsors and teams to review current state processes and tools and assist with developing target state recommendations.
• Responsible for stakeholder management and alignment of project teams including various vendors, technology and business partners.
• Plan and manage HR projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion.
• Create and maintain overall project plans and keep team informed regarding potential challenges with critical path deliverables.
• Develop project reporting that is concise and meaningful for the intended audience.
• Coordinate and facilitate project governance routines, including preparation of agenda and meeting materials.
• Identify risks, issues and dependencies and develop mitigation plans and solutions.
• Work with key stakeholders to realize the benefits of change by embedding new behaviors and implementing methods to measure and report on the benefits and ensure sustainment.
Enterprise role overview:
Manages projects limited in scope to LOB products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications. Serves as secondary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives and provides assistance to staff. Partners with the business to develop and transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change. Accountable for initiatives limited in scope to department products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications. Accountable for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation. Plans, organizes, monitors and controls projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion. Develop and socialize potential risk mitigation strategies. Effectively communicates with managers, peers and business partners on deliverables, timelines and support needed. Partners with the business to develop and transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change. Responsible for Clarity and PCM updates and project documents. Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Typically 3+ plus years of project management support experience.
• 3 or more years supporting business change management or strategic planning.
• Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written, including the ability to adapt communication style and content to different audiences.
• A strategic thinker with the ability and confidence to consult and purposefully challenge senior leaders.
• Business maturity and awareness with topics and matters that are confidential and sensitive.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and influence with objectivity, political sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to research, gather, analyze and synthesize multi-source data and produce clear and precise outputs and recommendations.
• Self disciplined, methodical and organized with ability to work to manage priorities without impacting quality or timelines.
• Pragmatic and flexible approach to getting things done; independently or in a team setting.
• Able to effectively deal with ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
• Comfortable with a hands-on role, but able to shift to working at a strategic level when needed.
• Enthusiastic, innovative and always looking for new ways to improve.
• Excellent at PowerPoint and a good level of Excel, Word and MS Project skills.
• Experience implementing business strategies or operating models.
• Experience developing business cases and tracking benefits.
• Human Resources product and process knowledge and experience.
• PMP or equivalent project management qualification.