Senior Auditor, Risk and Compliance (HIRED)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Audit Services contributes to Ally’s success by providing stakeholders with timely, relevant and objective enterprise-level perspectives on, and assurance regarding, the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control.
The Senior Auditor is responsible for leading the execution of assigned audit and advisory projects primarily relating to Ally’s Finance function. Responsible for demonstrating skills in assessing business process risks and controls, developing audit tests, reviewing audit workpapers and making initial determination of reportable issues. During the audit process, completes work in accordance with Ally Financial audit methodology, any and all applicable standards, and defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
• Develops and executes audit tests in accordance with Audit Services policies and procedures.
• Applies intermediate to advanced audit skills. Familiar with audit and risk industry standards (IIA, COSO, COBIT).
• Works within defined plans, budgets and schedules.
• Can identify root causes and provide meaningful recommendations.
• Trains / mentors staff auditors.
• 2-4 years of related experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Focus in Accounting preferred.
• Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting preferred.
• Strong project management skills preferred.
• Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual preferred.
• Good written and verbal communications skills preferred.
• Critical thinking, negotiation and conflict resolution skills preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) required.
• Ability to travel required.