Full-Time Sales Associate
Tabor is a men’s store located in a historic 1920s bungalow in Myers Park. Tabor shares a space with adjoining contemporary photography gallery, SOCO Gallery, as well as a bookstore, Cream Puff Records and a weekend coffee pop up with Not Just Coffee. Tabor is the brother store of Capitol and Poole Shop owned by Laura Vinroot Poole, which have collectively been a presence in Charlotte for the past 20 years. Capitol was recently listed as one of Departures Magazine’s top 25 stores in the United States and is internationally renowned for its unique designer assortment and old-school customer service. We work in a beautiful environment with an emphasis on design in every facet. Our coworkers are unique, smart, and motivated — every day is a challenge and the opportunity to grow and impact our organization is endless. We are looking for someone to join our inspiring team.
The sales associate is a dynamic, full-time position for someone who is energetic, engaging, and excited to learn more about the fashion and retail industry. This position allows for an individual to be creative and hands-on with the product in order to service a unique clientele and create a long-term book of business.
• Works creatively with clients both inside and out of the store: Offers guidance to create a wardrobe that serves the clients’ day-to-day needs while also introducing them to more aspirational concepts; Makes home visits to efficiently organize clients’ closets each season and plan outfits based on occasion.
• Maintains the highest level of product knowledge: Actively researches and learns about our designers and the fit associated with each to create an informative and efficient sales experience.
• Works with team on executing successful sales events: Assists with in-store events and trunk shows to build current client relationships and cultivate new clients.
• Achieves assigned monthly sales goal: Actively recruits new clients and maintains current client book to meet monthly/yearly goals.
• Work Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. with a 45 minute lunch break: Three full Saturdays per month with one day off during the week.
• Performs other duties as required or requested.
• Contributes to the positive team efforts of both the store and the company.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive individual, company, and customer data without exception.
• Acts upon critical issues immediately within position’s authority and/or asks for assistance/decision-making from management.
• Makes suggestions to improve daily store sales, operations, and overall flow.