SportsBusiness Journal has an immediate opening for a Graphic Designer responsible for leading the creative and production aspects of the weekly magazine, online initiatives and other publications. Candidates must work effectively and collaboratively under deadline pressure, in close association with editorial, sales and marketing staff. Job reports to Executive Editor.
• Page design/layout, developing templates, building informational graphics, styles and schedules.
• Design and creation of charts, graphics and photo illustrations for both print and online.
• Ad and page file processing.
• Assistance in developing creative material associated with both editorial and marketing departments.
• Retrieval and downloading of photos and art from wire services, sources and archives; color correction of photos and art.
• Cataloging use of wire service photos, and processing wire service invoices.
• Selection and scheduling of freelance photographers for photo shoots, processing freelance invoices, and archiving artwork.
• Assistance in computer systems and file maintenance, including archiving and system backup.
• Must be proficient in Mac and PC operating systems, InDesign, and Photoshop. Web design skills strongly preferred.
• Must have page design/layout experience, exceptional design and typography skills. Ability to handle tech troubleshooting a plus.
• Must be willing to be part of a team environment, work collaboratively, be an idea generator and energetic team player.