It was great to see the U.S. National Whitewater Center packed on a big weekend with everything that has gone on there the last few weeks. I hope to see that continue. Jon Stickley Trio and Robert Earl Keen are in town this short week, as well as Umphrey’s McGee Saturday at the Fillmore.
Times listed are when the show is scheduled to start, not when the doors are opened. Unless listed otherwise, prices are before taxes and fees.
- 7/7: Jon Stickley Trio, Late Night Special; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $12 (tickets). The progressive trio return to Charlotte for a night of high-energy guitar, violin and drums. They’ll be joined for a few songs by Stephanie Morgan of stephaniesĭd.
- 7/9: Robert Earl Keen, Sinners & Saints; Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $30-$32 (tickets). Keen’s songs range from smooth and sensitive and to loud and humorous. It’s this balance that has landed the folk and country singer-songwriter in the Texas Heritage Songwriters Hall of Fame and continued to push a career that has spanned 30 years and a dozen studio albums.
- Action Beat, power-take-Off, Opening Bell; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $2
- H.L. Ruth, Petra’s, 8 p.m., $3
- Scythian, U.S. National Whitewater Center, 7 p.m., free
- Carrie Newcomer, Stage Door Theater, 7:30 p.m., $22-$25
- Jon Stickley Trio, Late Night Special; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $12
- Blackfoot Gypsies, Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $8-$10
- The Skyla Burrell Blues Band, Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $10-$12>
- gruzer, The Medusa, Black Ritual, Blackwater Drowning; Milestone, 9 p.m., $8
- Poontanglers, Crank County Daredevils, Shallows; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $5
- Wonky Tonk, Ty March; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $7
- Jesco White the Dancing Outlaw w/ Snake Blood Remedy, Grandpa’s Cough Medicine; Amos’ Southend, 8:30 p.m., $15-$18
- Future Thieves, Guthrie Brown; Evening Muse, 10:30 p.m., $8-$10
- Emily King, Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $15-$18
- Urban Soil, U.S. National Whitewater Center, 7 p.m., free
- Megan Jean & The KFB, The Mobros, Heart of a Ghost; Petra’s, 8 p.m., $10
- Robert Earl Keen, Sinners & Saints; Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $30-$32
- All For One Brass Band, The Social Contract, Unity, DJ Swale; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $5
- CBDB, Rabbit Hole, 11:30 p.m., $5-$8
- Smokey Porch Music Fest: Stop Light Observations, Jim Avett, Kyle Forman, Scaleybark, The Black Iron Gathering, Back Pocket, English, Chris Sanchez, John Foley; Amos’ Southend, 2 p.m., $20-$25
- Umphrey’s McGee, The Werks; Fillmore, 7:30 p.m., $27.50
- Chuck Johnson & Charlyhorse, Henry River Honey; Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $12.50-$15
- Control, Patois Counselors, Suit City, BAD FRIENDS; Milestone, 9 p.m., $7
- The Sammies, Radio Lola; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $10
- Eliot Bronson, Mike Ramsey; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $10
- El Escapado, The Hooliganz, Bionic Donkey, The Monterreys; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7