Packaging Design Engineer
Sealed Air Corporation creates a world that feels, tastes and works better. In 2015, the Company generated revenue of approximately $7.0 billion by helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions, Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning and Diversey® cleaning and hygiene solutions, enables a safer and less wasteful food supply chain, protects valuable goods shipped around the world, and improves health through clean environments. Sealed Air has approximately 23,000 employees who serve customers in 169 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Participate in a department of packaging engineers, designers and mold-making production workers. Design and develop creative packaging solutions for an endless stream of products from prospective and existing customers. Work closely with a team of sales managers and sales representatives in the Great Lakes, Central and North Central regions of the US.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Packaging, Engineering or Industrial Design.
• Minimum 5 years experience with Polyethylene Foam packaging design.
• Experience with mechanical CAD systems (specific experience with Rhino and SolidWorks is not required but would be a plus).
• Good mechanical aptitude and strong ability to visualize in three dimensions.
• Experience with wood working equipment… must be able to safely operate table saw, band saw, panel saw and other wood and plastic tools.
• Able to design, fabricate and test packaging for Sealed Air customers.
• Experience with CNC programming and/or CAM programming for X,Y cutting tables would be a plus.
• Able to work with database systems to prioritize and organize heavy loads of design projects.
• Highly self-motivated, neat, organized and extremely creative.
• Professional, ambitious, independent, enthusiastic, and possessing a positive attitude.
• Able to handle multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
• Ability to clearly communicate with other engineers, designers, mold-makers, sales representatives and customers.
• Perform International Safe Transit Association package integrity tests
• Travel as necessary to support the sales organization… some travel may require flights and multi-night stays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.