Senior Statistical Analyst
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe’s has more than 2,355 home improvement and hardware stores and 285,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
This Senior Statistical Analyst is a member of the Customer Analytics team and will be responsible for identifying and quantifying customer insights by applying various analytical techniques to solve business problems. The Senior Statistical Analyst is primarily responsible for serving as an analytics expert by translating business issues into analytic design and performing mathematical and statistical analysis as appropriate.
The Sr. Statistical Analyst applies data mining techniques to both structured and unstructured data to solve business problems resulting in improved customer experience and increased customer engagement. This position is responsible for following analytical best practices, accurately reporting, analyzing results and identifying insights for decision making.
• Engages with business partners to understand and frame business issue and translate the request into an analytic approach.
• Provides deep and sophisticated analytic capabilities to solve business problems; collecting, cleaning, transforming, and restructuring data for statistical analysis.
• Creates analytic solutions by exploring innovative data and techniques; conducting exploratory data analysis and modeling; creating predictive and prescriptive models supporting a vast array of customer and business scenarios.
• Communicates analyses and insights to partners by summarizing conclusions and solutions; translating analytics and statistics into clear, understandable themes for business leaders; identifying specific analytic results that drive actionable insights.
• Maintains consistency in analytic practices by brainstorming and partnering with other areas within EA; continuously learning and sharing analytic methodology and techniques new to Lowe’s.
Required minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Information Sciences, Applied Quantitative or related field plus 3 years of experience in applied advanced analytical role OR Masters degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Information Sciences, Applied Quantitative or related field.
• 2 years of experience working with analytic software (SAS, SPSS, or R) and performing advanced data modeling, data mining and exploratory data analysis (e.g., linear/logistic regression, ARIMA, Cluster Analysis).
• 1 year experience working with Enterprise level databases (e.g., Teradata, Oracle, Infomix) developing SQL and data management skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Master’s Degree in related field.
• Experience using a querying language (e.g., SQL).
• Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, TM1, Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, Svr).
• Experience with relational database management, database marketing and/ or customer-centric analytics.
• Experience working with unstructured/big data.
• Experience working in a retail environment.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.