Content Marketing Specialist
The Content Marketing Specialist serves as the voice of our clients in all aspects of social media and digital marketing communication. The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating, coordinating and scheduling content for social media channels, blogs, emails / e-newsletters and other digital marketing initiatives to build customer relationships and increase conversion opportunities. The Content Marketing Specialist will collaborate with other team members and work closely with the Marketing Services Manager and the Digital Marketing Analyst.
We are located inside of the NC Music Factory in uptown Charlotte, N.C. Our office sits backstage to the Uptown Amphitheater and is in the heart of uptown nightlife. Our space also comes fully loaded with Ping Pong, rad tech and a fun contemporary, open space work atmosphere.
• Assist in developing short and long term objectives for client’s social media and content strategy.
• Plan and implement social media content as it pertains to overall content marketing strategy.
• Maintain editorial calendar for social media channels and blogs.
• Work with the Digital Marketing Analyst in evaluate success of content marketing initiatives.
• Has a deep understanding of our client’s offerings and able to communicate in a variety of brand voices through digital channels.
• Monitor, respond and report engagements on client’s social media channels and blogs.
• Assists in creating and monitoring advertising on social media channels.
• Conceives, writes, curates, edits, proofreads and delivers compelling, keyword-rich, actionable content targeted at affluent audiences.
• Ensures content is written for increased conversions for all marketing channels.
• Leverages market data, industry trends and internal/external technology to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to find, create, edit, publish and retire content that support business efforts.
• Assist in the creation and distribution of communications for content marketing campaigns, promotions and general marketing updates in designated due dates.
• Work creatively to establish content marketing campaigns and content for clients.
• Review, update, schedule and complete tasks in project management software with due dates.
• Work with designers and producers to generate visual and video content.
• Collaborate with and support your colleagues on other tasks as needed.
• Excellent oral, written communications and interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership, initiative and planning skills; must be able to work independently.
• Efficiently work under pressure to meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks.
• Experience optimizing content for search engines and social platforms.
• Ability to work with diverse personalities.
• Deep understanding of how to influence an audience using tone, messaging and delivery.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to write content, copy, messaging and marketing communication in a variety of styles, voices and tones, adaptable to different audiences.
• Expertise with content publishing platforms including WordPress, social media, newswires, video hosting.
• Local travel may be required.
• Attendance may be required before/after regular business hours at various events.
Experience & education:
• 2-3 years of experience using social media in a business setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably in Marketing or Communications.
We are a digital-born agency which combines badass design with the latest technology to do amazing things. We have fun doing it. We have a culture of learning, curiosity and innovation. We help ambitious brands evolve in a connected world.