This is a $4 billion services company in South Charlotte with aggressive growth to include strategic acquisitions. It is the fastest growing company in the industry with approximately 450 service locations, which provides greater opportunities for career growth and development as the company continues to grow and sets the standard for operations in this industry. There is a great leadership team with an open door policy with lots of energy and ideas. It’s a large company in terms of revenue, locations and employees (7000) and a large corporate office (right at 300) but still small enough to get to know the people you work with. You will not just be a “number.”
Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill, North Carolina, USA
What the company will offer you:
• Dynamic company; willing and able to change frequently.
• Discount program on everything from cell phone plans to vehicle purchase plans to movie tickets, Bobcats tickets,• Tickets at work program (national program); on site gym;); etc.
• Ability to be noticed/promoted/make an impact; not an organization where everything has already been decided and you just plug-n-play and follow an SOP and have no input.
About this position:
• Perform investigations in various dispute / litigation matters, including interviews, analysis, discussions with insurance agents and management, summary reports and recommendations.
• Enter information on investigations into database and prepare written reports on individual investigations, as well as reports on trending of investigations.
• Provide litigation support, as needed, including drafting various responses to interrogatories, subpoenas and document requests.
• Ensures compliance with export policies and maintains required paperwork regarding denied party screening and freight forwarder issues.
• Investigates and resolves export compliance issues.
• Assist in the development and implementation of team processes / procedures and best practice documents for support staff and field use.
• Maintain Compliance Department Intranet SharePoint sites.
• Assist with various compliance related matters, as directed by supervisor or in-house attorneys.
• 5+ plus years legal experience, as a paralegal, and/or third party subrogation insurance claims processor with an emphasis on investigations.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to work independently.
• Business experience working in a high-pressure environment that requires multi-tasking, prioritizing and flexibility.
• Familiarity with research techniques (i.e. SharePoint, Internet).
• Experienced in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel).