Memorial Day rung in the summer, or outdoor show season. Surprisingly, the amphitheaters have nothing going on this week. If you need your fix, the USNWC will have two River Jam nights, per usual.
Times listed are when the show is scheduled to start, not when the doors are opened. Unless listed otherwise, prices are before taxes and fees.
- 6/2: John Németh, U.S. National Whitewater Center, 7 p.m., free. Németh hits the USNWC for River Jam Thursday. The Blues Music Awards winner and Idaho native plays a harmonica-driven blues with a killer backing band.
- 6/3: Time Sawyer, Evening Muse, 10:30 p.m., $12-$20 (tickets). The Time Sawyer Soirée will feature great music, some giveaways, and a limited edition “Time Sawyer” beer release from Triple C. In addition, the band has partnered with JJ’s Red Hots, who will be selling a “Sawyer Weiner” hot dog this week.
- Dollar Signs, The Weak Days, Mikal kHill, Muffled; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., free
- The Everymen, Temperance League, Amigo; Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $8
- Crackers and Snackmeat, Joules, Dr. Cirkustien, Your Fuzzy Friends; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5
- Hannah Case, Petra’s, 8 p.m., $3
- John Németh, U.S. National Whitewater Center, 7 p.m., free
- Gang Of Thieves, Flat Tire Trio; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $8-$10
- The Hooliganz, The Commonwealth, The Genuine OK, Smelly Felly, NO BRAINER, Stray Cat Sideshow; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5
- Run Engine, Poor Blue, Kevin Marshall and The J-Walkers; Petra’s, 8 p.m., $5
- Josh Brannon Band, Kenny George Band, Sweet Sweet; Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $10
- Holy Ghost Tent Revival, Major and the Monbacks; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $12-$15
- Take the Fall, The Menders, Wolves and Wolves and Wolves and Wolves, Rothschild, Between Symmetries, Dear Kavalier; Milestone, 9 p.m., $6
- Blanket Fort, JPH, The Kneads; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $5
- Oh, Jeremiah; Alexis Marceaux and the Samurai; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $8-$10
- Gigi Dover & The Big Love, Māya Beth Atkins; Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $10-$12
- Time Sawyer, Evening Muse, 10:30 p.m., $12-$20
- Abacab – The Music Of Genesis, Chicago Reloaded – The Premier Chicago Tribute, MD3; Amos’ Southend, 7:30 p.m., $8-$10
- Swim In The Wild, C2 & The Brothers Reed, Jaggermouth, Good Bones; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $10-$15
- Journey, The Doobie Brothers, Dave Mason; PNC Music Pavilion, 7 p.m., $37-$182
- The Business People, Little War Twins, StarBenders; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $7
- Carolina Unsigned Music Showcase, Amos’ Southend, 6 p.m., $10-$12
- Chalkies, Sink Tapes, Lost In Society, Anchor Detail; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-7
- The Chris Duarte Group, Double Door Inn, 10 p.m., $12-$15
- David Childers, U.S. National Whitewater Center, 7 p.m., free
- Matthew Mayfield, Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $15-$18
- Dust & Ashes, Lauren Jenkins, LeAnna Eden & The Garden Of, Kelly Summers Duo, Erin Maynor Duo; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $10
- Another Lost Year ft. Scott Barlett of Saving Abel, Halden Vang, Killakoi, Dead Superstar; Rabbit Hole, 8 p.m., $12-$15
- R&B Icons…The Reunion: Tony! Toni! Toné!, En Vogue, Silk; Belk Theater, 8:30 p.m., $55-$155
- The Early Dismissal, October Sky, Camori, Lions and Liars; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- Gregory Porter, Knight Theater, 7:30 p.m., $47.75-$72.75