Director Design Research
Home evokes powerful emotions in people’s lives and we get to be a part of that! We are building relationships with our customers as we “help people love where they live.”
About this position:
The Director Design Research will conceive, frame, recruit and execute design research in support of developing differentiated customer experiences for Lowe’s. This role is also responsible for leading the synthesis of the design research to ensure actionable insights that drive design work forward, as well as serve as the primary point for ensuring key insights and learnings from CXD are infused into the organization in a way that drives action.
This position will directly assist four key leaders within the CX Design organization (VP Customer Experience Activation, VP MyLowes, VP Experience Architecture and Narrative Driven Design and VP Integrated Experience Design and Development) to deliver the distinctive work defined by the USHI strategy and CXD charter.
The specific focus areas and deliverables of this role are to prioritize and undertake key design research inquiries in support of experience design projects and ensure that learnings and insights from the design research inform both existing CX design projects and other cross-functional initiatives. It will be incumbent upon this leader to be highly proactive in working with CXD leadership and key cross-functional leaders to regularly identify areas of leverage, develop and disseminate key insights, and collaboratively define work streams, plans and resources to ensure delivery against Lowe’s strategy.
Required minimum qualifications:
• Minimum 10+ years of experience designing, conducting and interpreting design research in roles of increasing responsibility.
• 7+ years’ experience managing external partners/vendors.
• 7+ years of experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Design or related field.
• Expert knowledge of industry trends and best practices in design research.
• Proven track record in identifying breakthrough insights from research.
• Understanding of underlying interactive technologies such as web and mobile and their application to conducting effective research.
• 10+ years in retail industry.
• 5+ years working in a matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the full experience design life-cycle.
• Demonstrated experience applying experience design research methodology to retail industry.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 16 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico through its stores and online at Lowes.com, Lowes.ca and Lowes.com.mx. With fiscal year 2014 sales of $56.2 billion, Lowe’s has more than 1,840 home improvement and hardware stores and 265,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com. LIGL.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.