Middle/Upper School English Teacher (HIRED)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The John Crosland School, an independent K-12 school serving students with learning and/or attention differences, seeks a full-time candidate to teach Middle/Upper School English.
About this position:
The Teacher, Grades 6-12, is a highly qualified and state-certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in a blended educational environment combining both virtual and traditional instruction. Teachers differentiate instruction that meets students’ individualized needs, establish appropriate learning plans for each student and teach on-site at the school five days per week. They also monitor student progress through the School Management System and work actively with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
Major responsibilities for faculty include:
• Developing differentiated instructional methods to meet the needs of individual learners.
• Communicating effectively with students, parents, faculty and administration.
• Assessing and reporting student progress.
• Providing academic support for students.
• Understanding and implementing best practices regarding learning differences.
• Assuming other duties as a faculty member (club sponsor, athletic coach, chaperoning, supervision, etc.).
• A successful applicant will have strong teaching credentials in English and a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in English or a related field.
• Must be qualified to teach college preparatory English (including AP) and English for career readiness.
• Experience working with learning differences and/or ADHD is preferred.
How to apply:
Please remit all resumes and letters of interest to Dr. Sean Preston, Head of School.