From bootcamp to cold-brew coffee to cornhole, this is poised to be the best. weekend. ever. Here are four of the biggest events happening this Saturday – and yes, you can definitely double up.
Not Just Coffee Summer Kick Off Party at Tabor & SOCO Gallery
- Not Just Coffee (at Tabor/SOCO Gallery every Saturday and Sunday) will be giving out free cold brew
- Lenny Boy will be giving out free “Not Just Blonde Ale” made with Counter Culture coffee (4.7%)
- Not Just Coffee will also be making affogatos, (gelato + espresso) for sale along with their regular weekend menu
- CreamPuff Records will be spinning vinyl in the courtyard starting at 3 p.m. and all vinyl is “buy two, get one free” for the day.
- Saturday, May 14, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Tabor, 421 Providence Road
- Free event
3rd Annual South End Hops Festival
- Tickets include unlimited samples from 30+ breweries and a souvenir cup
- Food trucks include Papi Queso, Hart’s Soda Shop, Maki Taco and Tin Kitchen
- Live music
- Dog friendly!
- VIP tickets get you early entry into the festival, private VIP area with appetizers and your own seating area.
- Saturday, May 14, 2 – 6 p.m. (opens at 1 p.m. for VIP)
- 308 W. Carson Blvd. at the corner of Mint Street
- General admission, $35; VIP, $50
- Get $5 off with promo code ‘agenda’
Annual Tossin’ for Tykes Cornhole Tournament and Festival
- Cornhole tournament with recreational and competitive divisions (round-robin style)
- Event also includes a live DJ, food and beer vendors, and a kids zone
- Proceeds go to local nonprofit Bright Blessings
- There will be cash and prizes for tournament winners
- Saturday, May 14, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Bryant Park, 1701 W. Morehead St. (in FreeMoreWest)
- Team registration is $55
Join in the attempt to break a Guinness World Record – STAX Bootcamp & Block Party
- All fitness levels are welcome. Exercises will be modified to individual ability. The format: 10, three-minute movement stations with a one- to two-minute rest between each station.
- The current record for the largest bootcamp is 2,168 participants.
- Stick around for the Block Party to celebrate! DJs, food trucks, and – of course – cold beer.
- Lots of friends welcome, dogs need to stay home.
- Parking will be available off-site with shuttles in to STAX.
- Saturday, May 14, 11 a.m.
- Free event but you have to register here.
Read Next Story