Pretty nice end of the week and weekend in tunes. My picks are happening the same night. Mega-bummer.
Times listed are when the show is scheduled to start, not when the doors are opened. Unless listed otherwise noted, prices are before taxes and fees.
- 5/28/15: TAUK, Jonathan Scales Fourchestra; Chop Shop, 9pm, $12. I saw TAUK at the Whitewater Center last summer. Totally random. Had a friend tell me to go. I went. Have seen them three times since. These dudes hail from New York and play heavy, jazzy, funky, progressive instrumental music. Versatile and incredibly talented.
- 5/28/15: People’s Blues of Richmond, BYOG; Visulite, 8:30pm, $10. Wish I could be in two places at once. Three-piece band has a sound not too common these days: a groovy blend of heavy, raging, psychedelic music.
- Bex Marshall, Double Door Inn, 9pm, $5
- Dollar Signs, Melt, Gravewaves; Snug Harbor, 10pm, free
- Tech N9ne, Krizz Kaliko, Chris Webby, Murs, King 810, Zuse, Iconoclast Crew; Fillmore, 8pm, $30.58 including taxes and fees
- The 9, Evening Muse, 8pm, $8-$10
- Koa, Evening Muse, 10:30pm, $5
- People’s Blues of Richmond, BYOG; Visulite, 8:30pm, $10
- TAUK, Jonathan Scales Fourchestra; Chop Shop, 9pm, $12
- Flaw, Seasons After; Tremont Music Hall, 8pm, $15-$18
- David Dorenfeld, Jacob Augustine, Anna Barnett, Southern Gothic; Milestone, 9pm, $5-$7
- Diane Durrett, Steff Mahan; Evening Muse, 8pm, $8-$10
- Purity Ring, Braids, Born Gold; Amos’ Southend, 9pm, $20-$23
- Selwyn Birchwood, US National Whitewater Center, 7pm, free
- Brit Floyd, Ovens Auditorium, 8pm, $45-$80
- C2 & The Brothers Reed, Double Door Inn, 9pm, $5
- Josh Abbott Band, Coyote Joe’s, 11pm, $5
- The Breakfast Club, Amos’ Southend, 8:30pm, $10-$18
- Delbert McClinton, Chuck Johnson & Charlyhorse; Neighborhood Theatre, 8pm, $35-$50
- Pierre Bensusan, Evening Muse, 8pm, $20-$22
- MisterWives, Fountain Plaza at NC Music Factory, 6pm, $8-$10
- The Bill Miller Band, Double Door Inn, 10pm, $10
- John Mark McMillan and Friends: Live Record and Concert Video Shoot, Knight Theater, 7pm, $10
- Scythian, Double Door Inn, 9pm, $20
- Dead Winter Carpenters, US National Whitewater Center, 7pm, free
- Josh Berwanger Band, Flashlights, Bo White; Snug Harbor 5pm, $5
- Time Sawyer, Evening Muse, 8pm, $10-$12
- Back In Black, On the Border, Mocktallica – Classic Metallica Tribute, Eclipse – The Pink Floyd Experience, The Stranger – Tribute To Billy Joel, Tuesday’s Gone, Natural Wonder – the Stevie Wonder Experience; Uptown Amphitheatre, 2pm, $25
- Hamilton Loomis, Double Door Inn, 8pm, $15
- Brad Paisley, Justin Moore; PNC Music Pavillion, 7:30pm, $30.25-$60
- Earth, Wind & Fire; Uptown Amphitheatre, 8pm, $26-$100.50