Operations Analyst Markets (HIRED)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The individual will be part of the Global Securities Operations (GSO) Settlements team supporting fixed income securities settlements via the Federal Reserve Bank (FED). This individual will interact with front & middle office business partners, various operations teams, and external clients, custodians & depositories. Primary responsibilities would include handling Fed settlements, performing end of day balancing and processing cash movements. Also, performing other related control functions such as prompt break & issue resolution, escalation, reporting, and general risk & control oversight.
• Fail resolution and reporting.
• FICC balancing and resolution.
• Same day exception resolution. Next day break resolution.
• End of day balancing, journals and wires processing.
• Work closely with & provide quick / accurate responses to questions/requests from various desks (Trading, Middle office, and back office teams).
• Primary supporting MLPF&S Funding, Treasury and Agencies, Collateral Mgmt.
• Secondary support of Swaps desk as well as backup for other members of the team.
Enterprise role overview:
• Follows established written procedures and guidelines, provides standard reporting and analytical support.
• Uses established techniques, analyzes and resolves a wide variety of moderately complex operations problems and initiatives including transactions that require special handling and/or exception handling.
• Employees in this role typically have a college degree (Associates or higher) or comparable work experience.
Required skills include:
• Basic Excel knowledge.
• Detail orientation.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job.
• Ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
Desired skills for this role include:
• Expert Excel knowledge.
• Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar major preferred and basic understanding of and/or experience in Financial service industry.
• College degree or applicable work experience.
• Ability to handle multiple deliverables, stressful situations, problem solving under market driven deadlines.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Analytical with strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of fixed income products.
• Strong PC skills; experience with MS Office products.
• 2+ years of related operations experience.
• Understanding of trade lifecycle.
• Settlements experience.
• Understanding of risk and control.
• Ability to problem solve, articulate requirements and escalate.
• Advanced Excel skills (macros, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
See more here.
How to apply: