Communications Manager (HIRED)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Monarch is a nonprofit organization that supports thousands of people statewide with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness, and substance use disorders.
The Communications Manager will work with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications and other division colleagues to develop and maintain internal and external communications strategies to support Monarch’s goals, ensure the success of the company’s business objectives and to enhance its image and reputation.
• Assist the VP, Marketing and Communications in the development of an integrated communications strategy incorporating public relations, marketing, digital and social media.
• Serve as project manager in the development and support of special communication projects to support company-wide initiatives.
• Develop and lead the company’s employee communication strategy.
• Compose content for news releases, newsletters, other publications, intranet articles, scripts, employee profiles, blogs, talking points, announcements and tailor them as appropriate to diverse audiences.
• Assist in the execution of communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organization.
• Educate and enforce brand standards to internal customers and stakeholders and maintain consistency of brand, editorial tone and style.
• Work collaboratively with other communications colleagues to ensure an integrated, effective approach across communications platforms.
• Help create and manage the annual editorial calendar and work with division colleagues to schedule division communications.
• Work with the VP, Marketing and Communications to provide communications counsel and support on strategic communications planning and implementation, crisis communication and review materials for copy editing and adherence to corporate branding and style standards.
• Provide planning and writing support for high visibility leadership communications and engagement events.
• Serve as managing editor of Reaching Dreams, Monarch’s semi-annual, four-color printed newsletter.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Communications, English or Journalism preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of writing or communications experience.
• Working knowledge of AP Style and demonstrated ability to write and produce content for multiple audiences/stakeholders.
• Superb oral, presentation/training, writing and editing skills and a strong sense of narrative and story-telling.
• The ability to simultaneously manage multiple responsibilities and deliver high quality communications under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated leadership in working effectively and building strong working relationships within organizations.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online by visiting our website www.MonarchNC.org and applying to posting 6146. Once applied, please complete the application assessment that will automatically be scheduled for you. You will need to disable your pop up blocker to successfully complete this task.