Things you need to know about Blumenthal Performing Arts
- Blumenthal Performing Arts is home to arts organizations including Charlotte Symphony, Community School of the Arts, Charlotte Ballet, Opera Carolina and more.
- The organization has 3 campuses: Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Spirit Square and Levine Center for the Arts.
- Serves nearly 630,000 attendees, including 150,000 students and children to its programs, theaters, classrooms and galleries annually.
- The Blumenthal’s newest theater is Knight Theater, which is connected to the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art. It has 1,191 seats and is the home theater for Charlotte Ballet.
Agenda pro tips
- From jazz concerts to broadway shows, a visit to the theater is a great way to enjoy a night in Uptown. See what events are coming soon.
- Enjoy some of Charlotte local talent for free at one of the Blumenthal’s Open Mic nights and they welcome everyone from dancers to jugglers to slam poets. It’s completely open to the public and highly entertaining.
- Blumenthal Performing Arts is supported by members and donors. An annual charitable donation can get you priority tickets purchases, discounts on performances, special seats and other sorts of VIP treatment.
- Want to see what happens behind-the-scenes? Schedule a tour for a backstage look.
Connect with Blumenthal Performing Arts
Cover image courtesy of The Book of Mormon, Blumenthal Performing Arts