Manager, Platform Services Engineering (EXPIRED)
THIS JOB POSTING IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Who our client is:
• A fortune 500, multi-billion dollar food company with a global footprint.
• Experiencing transformational change with a new CIO in place bring innovation and positive change.
• Boast one of the largest names in the industry with stability and historical presence.
Why you should consider this opportunity:
• A newly renovated work environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork.
• A nice blend on stable reliable technology stacks while still pushing the envelope with new cutting edge tools.
• Strong, tenured leadership that likes to promote from within.
• Ability to work with a fortune company that still has the work life balance of a mom and pop.
What you will do:
• Oversee all development, implementation, and Level 3 support of Company’s AIX, iSeries, Linux, VMWare, Hyper-V, and Windows server environments across their corporate offices, distribution centers, retail, and data center platform environments.
• Manage assigned engineering staff and the monitoring of availability, performance, and capacity of IT systems and infrastructure.
• Establish partnerships with peers across geographies to coordinate standard approaches and communications, act as a single team.
• Responsible for compliance with internal and external policies such as SOX and PCI, including Global, Regional and local IT, and for operating companies serviced.
• Own all Infrastructure Platform Engineering services and ensures adequacy of and adherence to SLA’s.
• Identify continuous improvement projects and ensures funding for them.
• Ensure level 3 support for Infrastructure platforms is consistently delivered in accordance with SLA’s.
• Ensure that Life Cycle management is executed according to technology standards.
• Ensure selection of platforms which follow Architecture and Security standards and requirements.
• Monitor quality implementation of designed installation from design through testing and release into the production environment.
• Work toward automation, repeatability, and standardization of processes.
• Provide leadership and guidance in project planning, management and reporting for infrastructure platform components.
How you are qualified:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, and business administration or other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ more years’ managing IT personnel, systems, and platforms.
• Familiar with ITSM operations, technologies, and processes.
• Extensive experience and expertise working in customer-service focused organizations.
• Proven experience in IT leadership, planning, organization, and development.
• Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, and business administration or other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years managing IT personnel, systems, and platforms.
• 5 + years’ experience in strategic planning, execution, policy development and ITIL or ITSM.
• 5 + years’ experience working in the Retail industry preferred.
How to apply for this job: