Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer (HIRED)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
United Way of Central Carolinas (UWCC) has an immediate opening in our Charlotte location.
Objective of role:
Supports efforts of the organization toward the achievement of the United Way of Central Carolinas’ vision, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives by providing vision and implementation of a multi-faceted marketing effort that increases the engagement of community members in the work of United Way with a particular focus on increasing digital engagement.
Major areas of responsibility:
Execution of comprehensive internal and external communication and marketing strategies including:
• Management of individual segments and channels.
• Creation of UWCC digital engagement strategy.
• Public Relations.
• Creating of all public facing marketing campaigns including UWCC’s annual campaign and issue-specific efforts.
• Create and launch UWCC’s digital engagement strategy.
• Cultivate and maintain productive relationships with board members, volunteers, community and business leaders, investors, stakeholders, employees, vendors, and agencies.
• Provide organizational leadership as a key member of our senior team.
• Provide managerial support to direct reports; define and ensure training and development. Inspire teamwork and job satisfaction and serve as a positive presence as an advocate for change and business transformation.
• Create and manage department’s budget.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
• Proven, successful experience in leading a broad base of internal and external communications functions. This is to include a full marketing and implementation plan for each fiscal year.
• Experience with digital engagement/marketing.
• Effective editing skills.
• Effective management skills and strong interpersonal style.
• Exceptional listening, verbal and presentation skills.
• Excellent relationship skills and ability to engage and influence a variety of diverse groups and individuals.
• Ability to manage horizontal priorities in a fast-paced environment, lead project planning, organization, monitoring and implementation, and motivate inter-departmental teams toward project objectives.
• Strong contributor traits such as strategic, creative and progressive thinking, ability to handle ambiguity and instill support for systematic and sustainable growth and change.
• Strong attention to detail and well-organized with dependable follow-up and follow-through.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet ability to learn new software applications.
• High degree of ethics, integrity, community awareness and values that align with the mission of UWCC; ability to genuinely exhibit behaviors that reflect and support organizational values and direction.
Education and Experience Required:
• 10+ years progressively responsible experience and technical know-how in strategic marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field, or commensurate experience.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions:
• Indoor office environment.
• Occasional use of personal vehicle.
• Light lifting of supplies.
• Occasional non-regular hours.
How to apply: