IT Specialist (Expired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The IT Specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
• Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
• Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
• Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
• Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
• Coordinate with 3rd party providers for major hardware issues.
• Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
• Maintain LAN.
• Provides telephone, in-person and online support and troubleshooting to end-users.
• Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
• Meets with and advises management and other staff in the design, implementation, and configuration of networking and workgroup software.
• May provide supervision, training, and technical guidance to user.
• Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
• Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
• Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
• Rotates daily back-up media.
• Acts as software support to Linet Americas, providing technical assistance to team members. Responds to user requests for service and determines nature and extent of support needed.
• Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of software used throughout the operation. Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
• Responds to software problem calls on site or over the phone for users. Investigates error messages and determines resolution. Reinstalls program or replaces files that are causing errors. Calls software vendor or accesses on line technical support to obtain software update. Investigates appropriate areas of potential problem and determines resolution.
• Contacts software vendors to obtain specifications, pricing, and other purchase related information needed to guide departments in their selection of software. May assist in negotiating site license and coordinates volume purchase arrangements for standard software packages.
• Trains users in startup, basic and advanced use of software. May provide group training on request.
• Develops job aids for tasks performed in software applications.
• Maintains up-to-date expertise in the operation and application of the standard company-used software and a working knowledge of a wide variety of commonly used hardware and software.
• May coordinate purchases of application software and provide license tracking company- wide on all centrally purchased packages such as anti-virus and office suites.
• Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
• Works in coordination with Parent Company IT Support Services.
How to apply:
Please submit resume along with salary requirements to: [email protected].