THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. VIEW ALL OPEN JOB HERE.
Company: Doc Porter’s Distillery
Rate: Hourly + commission
Reporting Structure: Employee will report directly to owners
Minimum Required Availability:
This is a part time position averaging 20 hours a week to start. As the position develops and with proven performance, our hope is that the position can grow toward full-time (40 hours/week). Some evenings and weekends may be required.
This position would focus heavily on on-premise marketing of our products (getting placements for Doc Porter’s in restaurants & bars) as well as assisting owners with day-to-day marketing tasks (management of advertising placements, social media, PR, etc.)
Additionally, there will be opportunity to assist with distillery tours and work in the tasting room, meeting our tour guests.
Our ideal candidate is:
• Highly organized.
• Outgoing and social, someone who enjoys making contacts and maintaining relationships.
• Motivated, independent worker.
• Very well-spoken.
• Passionate about craft spirits or learning about craft spirits.
• Flexible and always willing to learn new skills and take on new tasks.
• Calling on new and prospective on-premise accounts (initial calls, follow ups, on-site visits, seasonal follow-ups).
• Assist owners with day-to-day marketing tasks (ordering of in-store signage, design assistance, management of gift shop inventory).
• Limited Public Relations assistance (pitching news outlets, drafting press releases, etc.).
• Assistance with distillery tours and tasting room management.
• Event planning (assist with planning of any distillery events) with possible evening attendance.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. In some cases, work experience may substitute for a degree. This is at the owner’s discretion.
• Must be 21 or older (non-negotiable).
• Must have own transportation.
• Must be capable of lifting up to 30 lbs. and be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.