Director of Historic South End (Expired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE VIEW OPEN JOBS HERE.
NOTE: deadline for your job application is Sunday March 6, 2016.
The Director of Historic South End (HSE) is Charlotte Center City Partners’ dedicated staff member and the first point of contact for stakeholders in the South End neighborhood. He or she will leverage the collective resources and relationships of CCCP to listen, communicate and advocate on behalf of South End stakeholders.
This individual will convene stakeholders and advise on strategies as part of the development of the Historic South End Vision Plan (spring/summer 2016), and he or she will be responsible for delivering the South End projects and initiatives of CCCP’s annual Program of Work. This job will require careful coordination with City & County staff, property owners, business owners, residents and others to develop and execute identified projects and initiatives. The Director of Historic South End must be seen as an integral part of the South End community, with connections to stakeholders that go beyond a 9-5 job. The Director of Historic South End has responsibility for the following activities including, but not limited to:
• Bring stakeholders together to develop Historic South End Vision Plan.
• Act as liaison to business owners and developers considering investing in the South End.
• Work with CCCP events team to plan and execute signature events like Small Business Saturday and Art & Soul of South End.
• Bring South End stakeholders together for community meetings and socials, and provide venues and topics that will attract strong participation.
• Partner with others to implement the recommendations from the Historic South End Vision Plan.
• Oversee implementation of Historic South End annual program of work.
• Manage marketing, communications & brand strategy for the district.
• Support South End events and placemaking initiatives through partnerships and microgrants.
• Build relationships and provide information to recruit and retain businesses.
• Work with CCCP colleagues to advocate for amenities and infrastructure that enhance the residential and business communities such as wayfinding, better pedestrian connectivity, parks, parking, etc.
• Support the South End Neighborhood Association and other surrounding neighbors.
• Manage and use existing communications tools (newsletter, blog, website, social media) and consider new and innovative ways to reach various stakeholder audiences.
• Update and maintain business and neighborhood contacts and associated databases and statistics.
• Communicate regularly with South End stakeholders, including residents, developers, property owners, apartment managers, business owners, CMPD neighborhood officers and others.
• Respond appropriately to constituent issues and concerns.
CCCP seeks to fill this position with a strong communicator, advocate and community builder who has experience managing complex initiatives and who understands the land development process. This position will report to the VP of Neighborhood Development. At least 5 years of work experience in direct or related fields is desired, and a 4-year degree is required.
Salary range for the position is $50,000 – $70,000 per year, commensurate with experience. CCCP offers a generous health, dental, and vision insurance package, including a flexible spending option, and a 401K retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and three references with phone numbers and email addresses to [email protected] by March 6, 2016.