Project Manager (Expired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER OPEN. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Sealed Air Corporation creates a world that feels, tastes and works better. In 2014, the Company generated revenue of approximately $7.8 billion by helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions, Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning and Diversey™ cleaning and hygiene solutions, ensures a safer and less wasteful food supply chain, protects valuable goods shipped around the world, and improves health through clean environments. Sealed Air has approximately 24,000 employees who serve customers in 175 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
This position, located within our Research & Development organization, will play a vital leadership role in the management of a portfolio of development projects as they pass through each phase from concept through commercialization.
The position will have responsibility for driving each project to its successful conclusion by ensuring that its scope is well defined, and resource estimates/project schedules are specified and appropriate to the project. This individual will work closely with the Business units, Supply Chain, and Research & Development management teams to ensure that resources are on task / on schedule and ensure issues get prioritized, highlighted, addressed and resolved in a timely manner. This individual will need to be able to communicate and interface effectively with internal and external personnel both domestically and internationally.
The Project Manager will also work to identify and manage schedule dependencies across various teams and departments to ensure that they are communicated, understood, and executed. They will provide regular updates to Divisional and Functional management teams. The Project Manager will have a level of interface with the Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales Service team and with Sealed Air’s customers, providing them with product support and training.
The Project Manager needs to be comfortable and capable to communicate with equal effectiveness to both technical and non-technical audiences, and at all levels throughout the global organization.
- 3-5 years minimum experience as a Project Manager
- Strong Project Planning and Execution skills required
- Excellent Risk Management
- Experienced in use of project management tools and methodologies (SmartSheet and/or Microsoft
- Project, experience with ePPM tools a plus)
- Sound problem solving skills
- Familiar with Business Case development including Financials (NPV) and Charter
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to provide clear direction to matrixed resources in virtual, multinational environments
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and facilitation skills.
- Organization – the ability to compile the various inputs from the process and deliver status information accurately and completely.
- Technical – the ability to comprehend the technical aspects of a product sufficiently to communicate across all levels within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical discipline
- From time to time, this may require some project specific support with sales / customers such as applications support.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master’s Degree in a technical discipline or business administration
- Design for Six Sigma certification
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean methodologies
- Knowledge of engineering PLM/PDM
- Able to travel domestic and international about 30%
- Ability to train and mentor other Project Managers on Project Management methodologies.