Strategic Business Analyst (Expired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SEARCH NEW JOBS HERE.
Strategic Business Analysts typically focus on Search Analysis, Customer Experience or Operations, though there are always new opportunities arising, such as driving our international expansion or joining our machine-learning team. We’ll work to find the specific role that best suits your background and skills and no matter what you do, you won’t just analyze the data – you’ll own your work; from ideation and strategy to implementation.
- As an Analyst, you’ll support one or more of our businesses in industries ranging from insurance and telecom to energy and consumer services.
- You’ll conduct thorough analyses of revenue, sales conversion and yield data to drive greater profitability as well as efficiency and effectiveness for the business. At Red Ventures you’ll do more than just consult – you’ll immerse yourself in one of our businesses.
- You’ll also develop and manage new tools for measuring and understanding the health of our business operations.
The Opportunity: Gain exposure to all aspects of our high growth business
In this role you’ll gain hands on experience in operations, digital marketing, finance, partnership relationship management and several other key areas of Red Venture’s business. Best of all, you can feel your impact on the organization. Whether you’re presenting a new break through to our Sr. Leadership Team in our monthly business review sessions or implementing a new operational strategy through testing and analysis, your results are measurable.
This position is a great way to learn our business and have a high-visibility, immediate and profound impact. It offers responsibilities and career growth opportunities that are not available in similar roles in larger companies. Many of our Analysts hired in to this role now lead major parts of our business.
What We’re Looking For: A strong analytical prowess and entrepreneurial mindset
- 1-3 years of work experience in a highly quantitative and analytical role. Statistics, management consulting, investment banking, private equity and digital marketing experience are all more relevant to this role than traditional marketing or market research analysis.
- To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making real-time decisions based on large volumes of sales and marketing performance data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an analytically oriented discipline (e.g. business, economics, statistics, mathematics, etc.) or technology oriented discipline (e.g. computer science, MIS, etc.)
- Experience building complex operational and financial models, conducting ROI analysis, synthesizing recommendations, and presenting them to senior executives.
- Experience with SQL, SSAS or other database/analysis packages is helpful, but not required.
- The ideal candidate is proactive, has a positive attitude, is well organized, and is adept at managing competing deadlines and priorities.
- Eagerness to break records, create opportunities, and take risks; we love a competitive spirit.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and often changing environment, with an inclination to solve new problems and learn new skills in order to succeed.
- Our employees behave like entrepreneurs. They are incredibly driven, agile, goal oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
- A sense of humor!
Our Business Model:
We partner with large brands in high-growth industries and we own the entire direct marketing process on their behalf – from demand generation to closing the sale. This includes optimizing digital marketing campaigns, creating state-of-the-art digital customer experiences, and operating a world-class sales center. Our expertise lies in our ability to leverage cutting edge technology to optimize this entire process for our partners.
Data drives our every decision – and we build proprietary tools that give us unique, actionable insights. We scrutinize response, conversion, and economics at every level to continuously boost ROI for our partners.
We believe that in order to consistently perform at a high level, we need to attract outstanding talent and provide them with an environment where they love to work. We’ve been voted onto Charlotte’s Best Places to Work list for the last seven years – thanks in part to a campus that boasts a gym, free fitness classes, basketball court, and two bistros that trump any brown bag you can imagine. Most importantly, our culture is second-to-none, built around impressive, funny, driven people who take smart risks, leverage technologies and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit. Red Ventures employees are serious about their work – but don’t take themselves too seriously.