Guest Sales Associate (Full-time)
At Discovery Place, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that operates four Museums in NC, we fuel your passion for science and the natural world by delivering awe-inspiring exhibits and educational programs. Our immersive experiences captivate, challenge, and empower audiences of all ages, sparking a spirit of discovery and lifelong learning. We hope to forge a future where science catalyzes, creating boundless opportunities, fostering hope, solving complex problems and driving positive change across the globe.
We’re looking for driven, talented individuals who share our passion for making an impact and having fun while doing it.
This full-time sales role is designed for an energetic, optimistic, and friendly individual who will be a key player in our Sales and Guest Services team’s transition from a traditional call center to a consultative sales force. Ideal for teachers and other educators, you’ll engage with schools, youth groups, and the public to offer tailored experiences at Discovery Place.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Answer incoming calls and provide information about our offerings
• Attend appointments set by educators to assess their needs and schedule learning experiences
• Engage with guests to identify their needs and offer tailored solutions
• Coordinate and book Museum visits, classes, and programs for various groups
• Utilize knowledge of exhibits and programs to encourage sales and guest engagement
• Maintain high standards of guest service and professionalism
• Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals set by the Sales Manager
• Report activities and guest interactions to the Sales Manager
• Keep accurate records of client interactions and input guest data into systems
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the team’s evolving approach