A new Amazon dating series called “Twin Love” will feature two contestants from Charlotte who happen to be identical twins.
It premieres on Prime Video Friday, Nov. 17.
What’s happening: Cameron and Ceara McKegney of Charlotte will compete in the part dating show, part social experiment from the producers of “Love Island.”
How it works: 10 sets of identical twins are split into two houses with “identical casts.” The series explores whether the twins choose to date identical partners or end up with someone different when separated from each other.
Why it matters: Charlotte has made quite a splash in the world of reality dating. Last season of Netflix’s “The Ultimatum” was filmed in Charlotte. Charlottean Kylee Russell is on the current season of Bachelor in Paradise, and season 9 of Lifetime’s Married at First Sight also featured Charlotte singles.
- But a dating show for twins is a first — both in the world of reality TV and for Charlotte.
- She’s also the “more responsible and level-headed” twin, while Ceara is “hyper, wild and, according to her sister, definitely more ditzy,” the same bio reads.
- They’re both models with Marilyn’s Agency, a Greensboro-based talent agency.
- Ceara pronounces her name “like Kara,” according to her Instagram bio.
- Their Instagram bios are nearly identical.
- They’re featured in the shoot for the recent Girl Tribe x Panthers collection.
Of note: We reached out to Cameron and Ceara to get their thoughts on the show (along with their favorite spots in Charlotte). We’re waiting to hear back.
What’s next: All nine episodes will be available to stream at once on Prime Video, according to IMDB.
- Watch the trailer for “Twin Love” here.