Ricky Bobby’s home from “Talladega Nights” recently sold for $6.75 million.
Driving the news: Former NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick has purchased the Lake Norman mansion, according to property records.
Why it matters: “Talladega Nights” is one of the Charlotte area’s more well-known films, and it brought star power to the region during filming. Will Ferrell played fictional NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby in the film.
Catch up quick: The Cornelius home listed for $9.9 million in March.
- It underwent $4 million in renovations since it was originally listed in 2017. The stone fireplace behind Ferrell as he gave his “Baby Jesus” prayer, is one of the few spots left untouched by the recent remodel.
- Some new additions include a prayer room with a pulpit, two pews, a space for communion and panic room.
Details: The 12,042-square-foot home has six bedrooms, six bathrooms and three half-bathrooms.
- It has three floors and an elevator.
- The entertainment room has a built-in sunken couch and projector screen.
- Outside features include a putting green, pool and hot tub.
Take a look around:
Photos courtesy of Mark Jacobs Productions.