IT Audit Manager
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 17 million customer transactions a week in the U.S. With total fiscal year 2022 sales of over $97 billion, approximately $92 billion of sales were generated in the U.S., where Lowe’s operates over 1,700 home improvement stores and employs approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Does the concept of Agile Internal Audit interest you? Within Lowe’s Internal Audit function, the agile auditing methodology and mindset is leveraged to focus on the most urgent needs of our business stakeholders. Our team provides timely insights for decision-making, focuses on what matters for the company and reduces time wasted in audit cycles and documentation. Sure, evaluating financial controls are table stakes, but at Lowe’s you will be a value-added advisor to the business. Move from the backroom to the front seat with our audit team!
The primary purpose of this role is to plan assigned IT process and compliance audits – with a focus on cybersecurity and information security, including the scope, allocation of resources, coordination with client management, completion of risk assessment, and development of appropriate audit steps to ensure viability and provide direction for Lead, Senior and Staff Auditors. This role ensures the effectiveness of technology controls designed to manage Lowe’s most significant risks and empowers a team of Auditors (Staff, Senior and Lead) to execute audits effectively. This role is critical in the delivery of oral or written reports and communications to top management and in the supervision, training, and development of Lead, Senior and Staff Auditors.
• Leads audit teams in the assessment of processes and identification of risks and control gaps in processes (or supporting technology) through the execution of agile audits, inclusive or the necessary test steps and documentation of high quality workpapers to support conclusions reached. Communicates results to management in a clear, actionable and timely manner
• Supervises process level risk assessments to identify significant risks and their related mitigating controls and oversees the development of audit test steps designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of those internal controls
• Reviews the work (audit planning documents, process flows, test plans, workpapers, draft reports) of lead, senior, and staff auditors to ensure quality is maintained and departmental methodologies are followed
• Identifies and documents unmitigated risks, weakness in control design and effectiveness based on analysis performed and drafts formal audit reports with the level of quality necessary for an executive audience
• Oversees the follow-up on key management actions from prior audit reports to determine if required action was taken. Documenting and communicating the results of the review to audit and management leaders
• Utilizes critical thinking and data analytics mindset to provide management with data driven results and recommendations and promote focus on data analytics within the team
• Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of audit practices, emerging technology, and retail sector knowledge
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field
• Drives projects and tasks to completion through teams, regardless of changing conditions, by prioritizing activities by the risk to the organization
• Serves as the day-to-day liaison with client management during audit projects to ensure open lines of communication are maintained and audit objectives are being met
• Aligns the team’s time and effort on projects that are critical to activity being audited and the overall risk to the Company
• Delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them
• Develops project budgets and milestones and manages individual and team schedules and workloads to meet those goals
• Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility
• Hires, trains, and develops the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning
• Provides on the job training for staff and senior auditors on audit theory, best practices, and Lowe’s agile audit methodology
• Negotiates and collaborates effectively for the organization with internal and external stakeholders and builds relationships with key individuals necessary for collaboration
• Develops and presents communications frequently to senior leadership (such as audit Points of View at the end of audit sprints), communicating the desired message at the appropriate level
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in related field
• 5 Years Audit experience (internal/external) or equivalent business experience
• Demonstrated experience managing project teams
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally
• Audit management experience
• Retail business experience
• CIA, CISA, or CPA certification a plus
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.