Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 19 million customer transactions a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2021 sales of over $96 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service nearly 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Does the concept of Agile Internal Audit interest you? Within Lowe’s Internal Audit function, the agile auditing methodology and mindset is leveraged to focus on the most urgent needs of our business stakeholders. Our team provides timely insights for decision-making, focuses on what matters for the company and reduces time wasted in audit cycles and documentation. Sure, evaluating financial controls are table stakes, but at Lowe’s you will be a value-added advisor to the business. Move from the backroom to the front seat with our audit team!
The primary purpose of this role is to work closely with the Senior Auditor and project teams by assisting in planning, developing and executing of audit testing, and preparing inputs to written communication and deliverables for audit engagements involving the use of data analytic skills, process analysis, and critical thinking. Overall, this role will assist in audits that evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls established to manage Lowe’s most significant risks.
• Identifies and documents aspects of the organization’s systems and processes that do not comply with regulations, laws, and standards or do not comply with the organization’s policies and operating procedures
• Collects preliminary data and conducts analysis and assists Senior Auditor in detecting deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
• Assists Senior Auditor in the detailed report and summarization of audit findings
• Provides support for coordinating with the client and management to ensure project timelines are met
• Organizes resources, information, and significant findings from root cause, risk exposure, and management analysis. Responsible for work paper standards
• Participates in rotational committee work such as internal quality reviews, issue follow up, training coordination, quarterly risk assessment, to gain extensive knowledge and experience in key audit functional areas
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-4 years audit (internal/external) experience or relevant business experience
• Travel Required 10% – 25%
• Master’s degree, CPA, CIA, CISA, or related field
• Retail business experience
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.