Interim Operations Manager
The Interim Operations Manager is a short-term assignment to serve as a key organizational assistant to the Executive Director (ED) and as a staff project manager responsible for performing a wide range of operations and administrative duties. This is a full-time, exempt position for up to 6 months.
This position is best suited for an individual who is curious, tenacious, enthusiastic, goal driven, unflappable under pressure, and can strike a balance between juggling all the details and executing them successfully. In this position, the Operations Manager will work on a variety of projects simultaneously while navigating and nurturing cross-departmental collaboration.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Help direct and execute the full scope of daily operations of Tosco Music by providing operational assistance to the Executive Director, and guidance, operational assistance and direction to staff
• Manage TMP’s office day-to-day operations, ensuring a highly functioning, productive workplace and positive environment
• Schedule project check-in meetings with all staff members and ensure that work is moving forward in a timely manner; schedule and coordinate staff and team meetings
• Identify resources and staff needed to complete projects; develop project plans and schedules; provide status reports and recommendations; and oversee implementation of approved plans and initiatives
• Assist staff with prioritizing role responsibilities, providing resources and support when necessary
• Manage relationship with and selection of vendors ensuring cost efficiency, customer service, and positive relationships
• Contribute to organization-wide planning (strategic, annual, quarterly) and regular strategic conversations and solutions across company-wide issues
• Utilize technology tools to ensure organizational efficiency, such as Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Dropbox, Google Workspace, and CRM apps
• At least 3 years experience in project management and/or organizational development
• A “doer” with a high degree of initiative and energy. Proven ability to prioritize work, manage time and multiple priorities, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, a positive attitude and energy, and an inspiring, forward-thinking, empathetic, and collaborative leadership style, open to many perspectives
• Strategic mindset balanced with strong interpersonal skills and superb communication skills
• Drive, ability, and experience cultivating, inspiring, and leading a high-performing team
• Solid work ethic with superior attention to detail and organizational skills
• Adept at using a variety of apps and digital tools to accomplish work. Familiarity with CRM software is required, and proficiency with Dropbox, MS Office, Google Workspace for Nonprofits
Please send your resume together with a cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please outline how your past experience aligns with the expectations for this position and why you want to be part of the Tosco Music team. This is a full-time, exempt position for up to 6 months with compensation of $5,400 per month.
Tosco Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Tosco Music encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.