A new pizza joint called Zämbies is opening in the heart of NoDa where Ruby’s Gift Shop used to be.
The small pizza shop will offer 28-inch pies and slices through a ticket window in the front for those looking for a quick bite and a cheap meal.
- It’s going to be the kind of place “where you can get a slice of cheese pizza and a beer for like $10,” according to owner Jack Morrissey.
What to expect: Zämbies is keeping it simple. The menu will have five types of pizza and garlic knots.
- You can also choose from beer, alcoholic slushies, wine or champagne.
Details: Morrissey hopes to start serving slices out of the window after Thanksgiving and will completely open in December.
- Zämbies is located at 3204 N Davidson St., next to Bar à Vins and Mac Tabby Cat Cafe.
- It’ll be open Sunday-Wednesday 11am-midnight, Thursday-Saturday 11am-2am.
Between the lines: Owner Jack Morrissey used to be a co-owner of PIE.ZAA in Asheville, which is known for its late-night bites and giant slices.
- PIE.ZAA’s current owners are expanding to Charlotte with a late-night spot in South End.