Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of uptown Charlotte, in the historic Plaza Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as a top 20 private club in the US. The club was also recognized as a Top-50 Platinum Club of the World by the Club Leaders Forum. Our team is responsible for upholding an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, kind and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a fond farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences daily.
Prepares and bakes pastries for the club full-time. Work alongside and learn from Michelin Star Executive Chef, Laurent Pillard.
Must be able to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Prepare and cook all pastries and baked goods
• Assist in plating baked goods
• Consult daily with Executive Pastry Chef and Assistant Pastry Chef for daily MEP tasks
• Set up and service a la carte pastry station following the station and plating standards
• Follow set recipes as instructed by the Pastry Leaders
• Practice sanitation and safety standards to ensure a safe work environment
• Contribute to the positive atmosphere and culture of the pastry kitchen
• Maintain all cleanliness standards
• Participate, support, and make recommendations for ongoing club programs with continuous improvement in product and services
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimal formal experience is required; however, the desire to learn and possess an ambition to be an executive pastry chef is required
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must possess basic computational abilit
• Ability to read recipes and follow their instructions
• Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, and safety
• Must have a flexible schedule to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as a full-time team member
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful working environment, free meals, employee outings & events. We also offer an assortment of medical benefits & perks for eligible team members, including paid time off, free long-term disability insurance, free group life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 401(k) match and health savings account contributions from the Club.
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug-free workplace.
Text ‘CCC’ to 704-440-5699 and apply now