Client Accountant I
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.7 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $2 billion in real estate transactions under AFM Real Estate, a subsidiary of AFM. With 284 employees operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, Panama and Costa Rica, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling.
Position will be responsible for multiple client’s accounting functions to include, but not limited to:
• Perform day-to-day AP and AR accounting functions
• Month End Bank Account Reconciliation and Journal Entries
• Assist with year-end tax return preparation including 1099 processing
• Support client/vendor maintenance management
• Provide a high level of customer service to assigned clients and all participants by creating a positive relationship with both parties
• Special projects and other requests as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or finance or a combination of education and relevant work experience
• Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Suite products
• Knowledge of FPA, LIMS, InFoucs, Yardi, and timber/delivered sales accounting is a plus but not required
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.