Provides general facilities, landscape and grounds support for the Operations Department.
• Performs maintenance and care for school Landscape grounds and some turf
• Applies mulch and pine needles to beds and common areas
• Inspects, cares for, plants flowers, shrubs, trees, lawns and turf
• Mowing of school lawns and turf, and repair of sprinkler equipment
• Prunes trees and trims hedges to promote growth and improve appearance
• Applies fertilizers and weed control chemicals in compliance with state law
• Maintains, repairs, and connects sprinkling equipment and waters lawns and flower beds
• Adjusts and repairs such equipment as hedge trimmers and landscape equipment
• Handles emergency situations that might occur
• Other duties as assigned by Assistant Facilities Manager and Landscape Supervisor
• Contribute positively to team, morale maintaining a positive, pleasant demeanor
• High School diploma with a minimum 2-year horticulture degree or minimum 2-year work experience in Landscaping and or Horticulture
North Carolina Pesticide licenses, Sub Class L, for application of pesticides preferred or ability to obtain a license within 1 year.
• Regularly operates a variety of power tools and equipment
• May climb ladders including to roof tops
• Be able to occasionally life up to 70 lbs. while using proper lifting techniques
• Regularly uses close and distance vision
• Works in a wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school
It is the policy of Charlotte Country Day School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy extends to recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, training, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.