Hurt Hub Operations Specialist
The Operations Specialist at the Jay Hurt Hub for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Davidson College will support the Operations Manager in ensuring we deliver exceptional experiences every day at the Hurt Hub. They love getting their hands dirty in the details, and developing new processes that are as efficient as they are innovative. They will support all of our members and guests over the lifetime of their engagements with us.
Top candidates believe they are innovators and experimenters. They embody an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, enjoying the process of testing, learning and iterating to continuously improve every day at the Hurt Hub@Davidson. They embrace and live the Davidson Honor Code acting with integrity, transparency, and ethics. They will not be afraid to take risks and move quickly, while also having an unwavering focus on diversity, inclusion, equity, and developing a sense of belonging for all who enter the Hurt Hub. They must also be proficient in modern technology and a fast learner of digital systems with an acute attention to detail. Most importantly, top candidates will be fully committed to collaborating with the Hurt Hub Leadership team and working with innovators of all ages and stages in our community as they embark on their entrepreneurial journeys.
This role reports to the Operations Manager of the Hurt Hub@Davidson.
Coworking and events operations:
• Manages handoff from Sales when a membership is established, renewed, and/or canceled. Establishes rapport with new members and clients for daily administrative and operational support along their customer lifecycle. Guides new members through the registration process, including paperwork, payment, and access setup
• Supports and works to solve daily questions from members and guests while sitting at the front desk, from the Hurt Hub general email, and phone inboxes. Identifies ways in which questions or problems can be eliminated in the future through process improvement
• Promotes diversity and inclusion within the coworking space, ensuring all users feel welcome and valued
• Maintains accurate records of membership agreements, event contracts, and financial transactions in CRM, DocuSign, Billing platforms, and Shared Drives. Has a willingness to try new technologies and support the implementation of new platforms
• Partners with Sales / Business Development to oversee all logistics, collaboration with external vendors (e.g. catering), and day-of client needs. Some events may require working evenings or weekends. Working hours can be flexed to accommodate maintaining a 40-hour work week as agreed upon with the Operations Manager
• Audits monthly membership invoices identifying and resolving any outstanding billing issues. Generates invoices for event clients, in accordance with agreed upon contract terms, and oversees the collection of payments. Troubleshoots invoicing issues and lapsed payments
• Manages access to shared resources such as printers, meeting rooms, and technology equipment. Troubleshoots and resolve technology-related issues
• Ensures that memberships and events adhere to institution regulations, terms & conditions, and licensing requirements. Collects documentation as needed and maintains up-to-date records in our shared drives
• Ensures that members have secure and reliable access to the Hurt Hub, including parking access
• Develops and communicates emergency protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of all campus and community members and guests
Facilities management and administration:
• In collaboration with the Operations Manager, handles all supply ordering, payment of building-related expenses, and coordinates work with Physical Plant as needed
• Keeps master operations calendar, including team holidays, time off requests and ensures proper coverage in the building
• Provides administrative support to the Director and Hurt Hub leadership team
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience of at least 5 years.
• Must have a positive and can do attitude, always willing to experiment and try new things aligning to the cultural spirit of the Hurt Hub.