A new fast-casual restaurant called Jive Turkey Hut will open this fall north of Uptown.
Why it matters: This new restaurant is the latest venture from Clarence Boston, the owner behind a few of Charlotte’s highly anticipated bars expected to open soon.
- Boston owns Atlanta-based Hippin Hops Brewery, which will open in Uptown this winter. He also co-owns Another Brewery that’ll open in NoDa this November.
- Boston plans to open Jive Turkey Hut the same week as Another Brewery, he tells Axios.
Context: Boston aims to turn Jive Turkey Hut into Charlotte’s version of The Turkey Leg Hut, a popular Houston restaurant that typically has lines wrapped around the building.
- The Turkey Leg Hut is known for its stuffed, smothered and sauced turkey legs. Some other dishes include a shrimp alfredo turkey leg and crawfish macaroni and cheese turkey leg.
“By the next two years, we want to offer a similar concept. We’re hoping to pull this off while still trying to make it affordable for everyone,” Boston says.
Menu: At the new Charlotte restaurant, you can expect turkey options in the form of legs, wings and burgers, plus six different sauces.
- They’ll also offer stuffed options with shrimp, collard greens, alfredo plus mac and cheese.
- Additionally, they’ll serve a Thanksgiving egg roll and salmon bites for appetizers, seafood and chicken entree options and a cheesecake for dessert.
- Drinks options include daiquiris with several flavors like rum punch and a mojito plus frozen margaritas. Boston aims to keep drink prices affordable with some for as low as $6.
The space: The 700-square-foot spot will have a few tables for limited indoor and patio seating.
- In the next two years, they plan to expand in that area to offer more seating for customers to enjoy their meals.
Details: Jive Turkey Hut will be located in the former Bodricks Barbq Rib Tips spot at 3701 Statesville Ave,.
- Hours of operation will be open Tuesday to Sunday 11am-12am and closed Monday.