Digi-Bridge’s Operations Manager will be responsible for managing Digi-Bridge’s internal operations including business operations and project management.
This position will require in-person work at various locations and many functions may not be performed remotely. There is flexibility within the work week for at least 1 day remote with plenty of flexibility. This position reports to the CEO. Due to the out of school time nature of our programs, non-traditional hours may be required. Desired start date of this role is on 12/1/23.
Business operations (50% of role)
• Responsible for all invoicing (accounts receivable and payable)
• Maintaining revenue tracking tools
• Liaising with outsourced accounting firm and financial controller on accounting policies and -procedures
• Leading the onboarding process of new employees
• Leading policy compliance of employees
• Maintaining HR calendar set by the board of directors and support the functions outlined
• Overseeing technology systems and office technology inventory
• Ensure we have cybersecurity policies in place and compliance
• Liaising with outsourced IT firm
• Manage relationship with and selection of vendors ensuring cost efficiency, customer service, and positive relationships
• Maintain relationship with insurance vendors
• Request COIs
• Maintain insurance calendar and audit needs
Internal office management
• Ordering office supplies, ensuring cleanliness and organization of internal office supplies
• Maintain common area space for cleanliness and organization
• Assist with landlord and cleaning company relations
• Manage DB’s office set up on day-to-day basis, ensuring a highly functioning, productive workplace and positive environment. This includes supplies procurement, routine office maintenance, mail, and visits to Digi-Bridge’s office.
• Maintain general email inbox and phone systems
• Manage the internal team’s teambuilding and professional development initiatives
Executive/Board of directors support
• Support board of Directors with file management, note taking, scheduling
• Provide both administrative and substantial assistance to the CEO, leveraging the CEO’s time and productivity in a positive, mission-driven working relationship. • This includes a wide variety of projects and assignments in addition to ongoing support with correspondence, contact management, scheduling, proofreading/drafting, receipt maintenance, and other duties as assigned
Project management (40% of role)
• Maintain ownership of Notion and ensure team success with utilization
• Create kickoff templates/ process document outlines
• Schedule project check-in meetings as needed
• Schedule and coordinate monthly team meetings
• Manage Digi-Bridge’s internal processes for effective project management
• Maintain technology tools to ensure organizational efficiency such as Google Drive, Bloomerang, Notion
Digi-Bridge Senior Leadership Team (10% of role)
• Contribute to organization-wide planning (strategic, annual, quarterly) and regular strategic conversations and solutions across on cross-functional issues
• Drive collaboration across all areas of business (programs, operations, partnerships and development)
• Function as a thought leader
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change exiting ones as management deem necessary.
Skills and behaviors:
• A builder – Digi-Bridge is a start-up nonprofit with a huge runway and we need someone who is motivated, excited, and able to test and learn and iterate without boundaries and/or an established playbook
• A learner – You thrive in learning new skills and staying up to date on innovative trends within our industry and are passionate about turning your learning into action
• A strategic thinker – You come to work with one eye on your daily tasks with the other eye looking in the future. You can think strategically, set a clear and compelling vision and align your teams to make it happen.
• In relentless pursuit of the mission – You show up every day excited and energized about Digi-Bridge’s mission and vision for the future. You are able to share that passion and inspire others (students, facilitators, principals, donors, volunteers, etc) to take action with you.
• Data fuels you – You take a data-driven approach to problem solving, analysis and excel at driving results to hit program plans and targets
• Organized project manager – You have systems which aid in your execution and prioritization of projects and tasks and you are able to work across teams and people to see a project from start to finish.
Experience and qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience as an executive assistant, project manager or similar role
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities
• Proficiency in using productivity software (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, Notion)
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team environmental
• Familiarity with education or STEAM programs a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated experience to influence and build relationships at all levels
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to life and/or move up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary range is $52,000-$58,000. Digi-Bridge offers a supplementary stipend of $500/month for benefits in addition to paid, vacation, holidays, and sick leave. Digi-Bridge offers a 401(k) plan with 3% match starting at 6 month anniversary of employment.
Please send your resume and tweet length (140 characters) introduction to [email protected] by November 10, 2023.
Digi-Bridge will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, martial status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity.