Executive Administrative Assistant
Foundation For The Carolinas serves as a catalyst for philanthropic activity in our 13-county region and is a driver for major civic efforts. We offer innovative solutions that help individuals, nonprofits and companies bring their charitable visions to life.
Established in 1958, we are a civic leader and philanthropic partner. With nearly $4 billion in charitable assets across more than 2,700 charitable funds established by families, nonprofits and businesses, we are one of the largest community foundations in the U.S. FFTC supports personal and corporate philanthropy through a range of innovative fund and giving options. We also drive nonprofit sustainability through endowment management, customized solutions and grantmaking.
Our flagship program, the Robinson Center for Civic Leadership, is actively addressing the community’s most pressing challenges and greatest opportunities, from economic opportunity to neighborhood revitalization to education and more.
FFTC is headquartered in the Luski-Gorelick Center for Philanthropy. With art throughout and multiple conference rooms available at no charge to area nonprofits, our home serves as a civic hub for our community.
This position provides administrative support to the General Counsel & Senior Vice President (General Counsel), as well as to other members of the Legal team and members of the Foundation for the Charlotte Jewish Community (FCJC) team (collectively the Legal/FCJC Team).
The position will support the Legal Team with organizing and filing contracts and other documents, managing processes related to acceptance of complex gifts, and governance related to the Foundation and its affiliates. This position also assists the Legal/FCJC Team with prospecting and related advancement and development activities.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter who is organized, detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. They must also be comfortable learning and helping develop new processes. A self-starter who can anticipate the needs of the General Counsel and other members of the Legal/FCJC Team will do well in this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
Legal team-specific support
• Supports the development and implementation of processes related to acceptance of complex gifts and impact investments, as well as governance of the Foundation and its affiliates
• Assists with legal documents, including processing, execution and document retention
• In conjunction with the Legal Team, responsible for management and tracking of Foundation policies
• Provides Board support, including meeting planning and logistics and minutes and correspondence to Board members, for Community Real Property Holdings, Inc. (CPRH) and Community Investments Foundation (CIF), as well as any others that may be assigned
• Provides support for all aspects of continuing legal education programs offered by the Foundation or participated in by members of the Legal Team, either as speakers or attendees
Advancement support for Legal/FCJC team
• Supports the development of new business by preparing PowerPoint presentations, drafting letters and proposals, and performing other business development tasks, including scheduling meetings and preparing prospecting packets
• Captures and records prospect and existing donor information in the Foundation’s CRM system (currently Raiser’s Edge) to help build, track and monitor prospect solicitation and cultivation
• Assists in new fund opening process and new planned gift processing for the Legal/FCJC Team
• Provides Board support, including meeting planning and logistics and minutes and correspondence to Board members, for FCJC
• Assists with the input and maintenance of data and records in the Foundation’s CRM system
• Generates monthly and quarterly financial reports in support of FCJC
• Assists with coordinating FCJC mailings and e-blasts
• Supports FCJC staff in preparing for client meetings and presentations including annual philanthropic reviews (APRs)
• Supports activities related to FCJC’s annual meeting and Create Your Jewish legacy events
• Assists with the preparation and maintenance of Book of Life stories for signature by legacy donors
General administrative support
• Provides full administrative support to the General Counsel – including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments, filing, calendaring and preparing expense reports
• Provides general administrative and project-based support to members of the Legal/FCJC Team
• Drafts letters and assists with preparing Power Point presentations
• Provides prompt, high level customer service support to donors, clients, and professional advisors
• Responsible for developing a command of FFTC products and services offered in order to speak knowledgeably to prospects and FFTC referral network, professional advisors and others
• Serves as part of the active rotation for reception coverage, which may include staffing during opening, morning and afternoon breaks, lunches and additional coverage, as needed
• Other duties as assigned
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other business-related duties as assigned by the GC or other members of the Legal/FCJC Team.
• 3 years+ of administrative support experience; executive level experience preferred
• Experience working in a tax-exempt organization, financial institution or law firm preferred
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint)
• Strong project management and organizational skills, detail-oriented
• Responsive, service-oriented workstyle
• Ability to multi-task, adapt, work under pressure and meeting deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• General ability to perform the essential functions and overall physical and mental requirements of this position, including stamina to perform tasks over extended periods and ability to occasionally move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite and/or workstation to another
At Foundation For The Carolinas, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where every individual is valued, respected, and empowered. We believe that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences lead to innovation and success. Valuing our differences is more than a philosophy; it is the core of what we do. We actively encourage and seek candidates from all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, abilities, and backgrounds to apply for our open positions. We are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities and creating an environment where everyone can thrive and contribute their unique talents to our team. Join us in our mission to build a more inclusive and equitable future for all.