Old Well Labs helps the most sophisticated investors in the world make informed decisions about their current and future investments. We’re building an intelligence platform that institutional investors use to discover and evaluate thousands of the biggest and best global hedge funds. To help us build this platform we’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. This individual will help us analyze billions of data points from thousands of disparate sources to give investors actionable insights into the strategies and activities of key players in the investment industry.
Why join us:
You should be excited to tackle complex issues in a dynamic industry. We seek dedicated individuals ready to make a significant impact. You should enjoy a collaborative culture, working with a talented team dedicated to mutual success. At OWL, open communication fuels innovation and teamwork, enabling you to reach your full potential. Your professional growth is a priority, with opportunities to learn through hands-on experience across our product spectrum. Being a startup, you’ll see your contributions take shape in real time, offering a clear pathway from idea inception to live implementation. This accelerated learning and impact makes this a unique opportunity. As an early member of the team, you will be rewarded with equity in the business, giving you true ownership of what you build.
What you’ll do:
• Analyze and organize raw data
• Assist in the redesign of the current data pipeline to more efficiently process our data
• Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS, SQL and scripting languages
• Work with back-end and front-end engineers to ensure that data needs our meeting needs of other stakeholders to improve the product
• Identify opportunities for data acquisition
• Look at a lot of investor filing data
What we’re looking for:
• 2+ years’ experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
• Technical expertise with data models, data mining and ETL processes
• Knowledge of programming languages; particularly SQL and Python
• Experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, Lambda, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with database design
• Degree in Computer Science or a similar field
Candidates located in North Carolina or NYC are strongly preferred, however remote is available for the right candidate.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.