Back End Developer
Old Well Labs helps the most sophisticated investors in the world make informed decisions about their current and future investments. We’re building an intelligence platform that institutional investors use to discover and evaluate thousands of the biggest and best global hedge funds. To help us build this platform we’re looking for a talented Back-end Engineer to join our team. This individual will help us analyze billions of data points from thousands of disparate sources to give investors actionable insights into the strategies and activities of key players in the investment industry.
Why join us:
You should be excited to tackle complex issues in a dynamic industry. We seek dedicated individuals ready to make a significant impact. You should enjoy a collaborative culture, working with a talented team dedicated to mutual success. At OWL, open communication fuels innovation and teamwork, enabling you to reach your full potential. Your professional growth is a priority, with opportunities to learn through hands-on experience across our product spectrum. Being a startup, you’ll see your contributions take shape in real time, offering a clear pathway from idea inception to live implementation. This accelerated learning and impact makes this a unique opportunity. As an early member of the team, you will be rewarded with equity in the business, giving you true ownership of what you build.
What you’ll do:
• Full-scope contribution to the OWL product with a focus on back-end development
• Collaborate closely with other engineers and the management team to ensure timely delivery of new products and features
• Write awesome code. We’re a small team today, so we expect that everyone is “hands on”. As such, a solid understanding of Python is required
• Develop a deep understanding of our business domain, ensuring that the software aligns with OWL’s goals and objectives
• Stay up to date with the latest technologies and industry trends to drive innovation
• Look at a lot of investor filing data
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years of engineering experience
• Experience in database design and modeling
• A history of designing and implementing scalable and maintainable software solutions, with a strong focus on object-oriented programming and design principles
• A strong level of proficiency with Python and associated web frameworks
• Familiarity with hosting services such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure
• Prior experience in financial technology, investment technology and/or data science
• A deep interest in practical solutions to technical problems. You understand and enjoy learning about different design patterns and how they can elegantly solve problems
Candidates located in North Carolina or NYC are strongly preferred, however remote is available for the right candidate.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.